Cleaveland Price has released its LineScope® Line Sensor for application on distribution and transmission power lines. It is available from 4kV through 115kV, measures voltages and currents with 0.5% accuracy, produces power quality calculations, and captures over-current events. Unlike similar sensors, the LineScope® is a battery-free device powered from line voltage, which allows operation without a line current requirement. The device is comprised of two pieces – a sensing head that connects directly to the power line and a wireless receiver at ground level. The sensor data is available at the wireless receiver via DNP protocol for easy integration in to existing SCADA and smart grid systems.
San Jose, CA USA
June 21-26, 2016
Visit us at Booth 313
and let’s talk about how Cleaveland/Price can improve reliability of your Smart Grid switch automation and power monitoring
Dallas, TX USA
May 2-5, 2016
Visit us at Booth 120
and check out the Cleaveland/Price LineScope™ overhead line power monitor
Cleaveland/Price’s LineScope® is a highly accurate three phase power monitoring system for use on circuits up to 138 kV. The system consists of three conductor-mount LineProbe sensors and a data consolidating RTU3212 that can be housed in a CommBridge communication node, a customer’s communication node, or integrated into a Cleaveland/Price ADMO or PTAD switch controller.
- Power quality monitoring, reporting RMS current, RMS voltage to an accuracy of 0.5%, phase angle, power angle, power factor, real power, and reactive power
- Fault indication with fault direction and fault magnitude to 32 kA peak reported
- Harmonic distortion analysis
- Line temperature monitoring
- Monitoring bi-directional flow lines
- Open tap monitoring
- Phase alignment comparison between system taps
- Voltage reduction
- End of line monitoring
- Auto line transfer
- Analog input for capacitor bank control
- Voltage certification for NERC PRC-005
The maintenance-free LineScope® is powered by line voltage, rather than line current, giving the system visibility on lightly loaded lines.