Twisting wooden poles can present a problem for a utility. If the pole supports a switch that has vertical operating pipe, the twisting action could cause the switch to go out of adjustment. For this reason, some utilities specify switches that do not require vertical operating pipe for manual operation. The PTAD addresses the need to integrate these switches into a SCADA system.
The PTAD assembly
- motor installs easily on the switch crossarm support
- controller can be installed at any height and on any face of the pole below switch level.
- can be installed on any manufacturer’s switch
- can be installed on any switch mounting configuration
- has provision for manual operation
- includes a simple hookstick operated lockout device