The “V” configuration of the CB-AV makes the switch ideal for low profile substation installations.
The switch can also be installed on a pole in phase-over-phase or phase-opposite arrangements for transmission line applications. For transmission line applications at 115 kV through 161 kV, the switch can be supplied with high line charging current interrupting SuperwhipsTM.
CB-AV Performance Features
- High-pressure line contacts
- Magnetically attracting parallel path hinge and jaw contacts increase contact pressure under short circuit
- Non-breakable, tin-plated hard-drawn copper terminal pads with NEMA Standard hole pattern
- Silver-to-silver contacts
- Stainless steel contact springs and live parts hardware
- Provision for live part adjustment
- Permanently lubricated, maintenance-free double sealed ball bearings with indentation-proof races
- Rigid hot-dip galvanized base
Cleaveland/Price “Quick Install” unitized switches should be your choice for transmission switching
- If you have a small installation time window
- If you want a switch that is easy to install and comes pre-adjusted
- If you want a switch that operates easily
- If you need a switch that will reliably interrupt the capacitive current of long transmission lines
- If you just plain want to save money on the installed cost of your asset
Interested? Read More….