The Cleaveland/Price CB-A is a three pole, group operated, aluminum center break switch used primarily in substation applications. The switch is available in rating from 69 kV through 345 kV.
The center break design is useful in applications where a customer wishes to use a more economical switch that utilizes two insulators per pole instead of three per pole as in a vertical break or double break switch. The switch can be used in applications where there is limited overhead clearance.
CB-A Performance Features
- Aluminum blades and tin-plated copper current carrying parts
- High-pressure, silver-to-silver contacts at hinge and jaws
- Non-cast, tin-plated copper terminal pads with NEMA standard hole pattern on three planes
- Blade guide with generous lead-in
- Blade alignment provision
- Stainless steel contact springs
- Arc horns / Ice shields
- Rigid hot-dip galvanized base assembly
- Rotating insulator stops
- Insulator jacking bolts on double channel bases
69 kV, 1200 A. with 3″ bolt circle insulators