The RTU3212 is a compact board-to-board RTU that functions as the head-end data processor of the Cleaveland/Price LineScope system. It also mates with the control board of Cleaveland/Price ADMO, PTAD, UAD, and PAD automation motor operators. Through its 4 DO’s and 15 DI’s, the 3212 adds control functions and status reporting to our motor operators. The RTU utilizes DNP3.0 protocol with the option to select Modbus or PG&E protocol as an alternate protocol. The board-to-board configuration eliminates wiring and results in a time saving and space efficient installation.
- IV2000 – current-to-voltage converter board (5A to 10V standard) for use with the RTU3220 when analog input is current rather than voltage. This board is also suitable for other non-RTU3220 applications where an accurate current to voltage conversion is needed. Converter ratios of 10A to 10V and 1A to 10V are also available (minimum order quantity of 10).
- H2000 – wiring harness with four ft. lead for wiring inputs to the RTU3220. The harness terminates in male Molex connectors that connect to the RTU input connections.
The RTU3220 is a compact, power-efficient Remote Terminal Unit/Intelligent End Device (RTU/IED) designed for the electric industry. RTU3220s monitor both AC and DC analog inputs as well as discrete digital inputs, while calculating comprehensive power-quality values and waveforms.
The RTU3220’s single PC-board construction features a System-on-Chip integrated circuit that decreases board complexity and reduces the number of exposed interconnections. All computing components and high-speed bus are contained within a sealed housing. The unhoused portion of the PC board is conformal-coated to protect RTU components from harsh environments.
In addition to reporting eight digital statuses and eight analog values, the RTU will calculate RMS voltage, RMS current, watts, VAR, phase angle, THD, and power factor. The RTU3220 will create and transfer COMTRADE files given user defined parameters.
The RTU3220 features:
- A powerful, yet low power consumption processor
- 9-30VDC power supply
- DNP 3.0, Modbus, and PG&E protocol support
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port with RJ-45 connector
- Two RS-232 ports
- One RS-485 connection
- State logic programming
The RTU3200 is a modular RTU that consists of a main processing module and various input/output (I/O) modules; all connected via a high-speed bus. It can be configured with a five module chassis or a nine module chassis, depending on the number of analog and digital inputs that are required for the application. The RTU modules employ a high-performance 32-bit Advance RISC Machine (ARM) processor resulting in a system that minimizes heat generation and power consumption. In addition to reporting status and analog values, the RTU will calculate RMS voltage, watts, VARS, and power factor, and has advanced built-in fault detection. The RTU3200 will support a DNP master for communications to additional RTUs.
The RTU3200 features:
- Conformal coated printed circuit boards for protection in harsh environments
- Powerful, yet low power consumption processor
- 10—30VDC power supply
- DNP3.0, Modbus, and PG&E protocol support
- Two RS232 ports
- RS485 port
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port with RJ-45 connector
- High-impedance and low-impedance analog input modules
|16 status inputs
|8 form C relay outputs with 10 A. contacts and self-diagnostic features
|Low-impedance AC analog input module with direct connection to up to 160 V and 10 A. sources
|Functionally identical to the ACVI except all analog inputs are high-impedance
|DC analog input module with direct connection for up to 16 DC voltages and currents
The RTU3200 ships from Cleaveland/Price with the appropriate modules installed for a given application. Modules can be easily changed in the field, if needed.
The RTU2000 is Retired!
The electric industry is dynamic and the world of electronics even more so. Integrated circuit components become smaller, faster, and more powerful. These advancements eventually lead to the obsolescence of older generations of components and often entire products. Due to components becoming obsolete, our Reliatronics RTU2000 has reached the point of retirement.
Cleaveland/Price, however, pleased to tell you that the RTU2000 has been replaced by a next generation RTU3220. The RTU3220 has the same mounting hole locations as the RTU2000 and the I/O pinouts are the same as well for convenient physical interchangeability with the RTU2000. The RTU3220 has several enhancements over the RTU2000:
- An RJ45 Ethernet port has been added.
- A second RS232 serial port has been added.
- The configuration program is more user friendly and is shared among all Reliatronics RTU32xx devices.
- It has the ability to create and transfer COMTRADE files.
- RTU programming uses State Logic instead of Ladder Logic.
- Analog inputs have a higher sampling rate for greater accuracy.
- It has an improved fault detection algorithm.
Cleaveland/Price will continue to provide customer support for the RTU2000. Documentation on the RTU2000 remains available through the cP Customer Portal.
Welcome to Cleaveland/Price…
the new home of
After working together for years on various projects, Reliatronics agreed to join Cleaveland/Price to strengthen the Reliatronics brand. Cleaveland/Price will continue to supply Reliatronics RTUs and looks forward to the opportunity to serve the electric industry by expanding the Reliatronics line of cost efficient and low power consumption products.